#footer { width:660px; clear:both; margin:0 auto; } #footer hr { display:none; } #footer p { margin:0; padding-top:15px; font:78%/1.6em "Trebuchet MS",Trebuchet,Verdana,Sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:.1em; }

quinta-feira, setembro 30, 2004

Alicerçando Poesia #10 - Peter Hammil



WONDERING
I will arise;
in the depths, I will open my eyes;
as my breath almost fails me, survive.

Wait – there’s something unclear
there’s something I fear now drawing close.
Could it be you?
Whose is that voice?
Is it now time to make a choice?
Ah – that irrational pain!
This ridiculous brain now bursts with joy.
Could it me be? Could it be now?
Should I begin to take my vows?

I will return;
as I live, as I breath, as I burn
I swear I will come through
with my hands stretching out in the dark,
with my eye pressed up tight to the glass,
wondering if it’s all been true.


EASY TO SLIP AWAY

My friends, I never really thought you’d go,
but, then, we know that’s the way it happens here.
Now time is like cat’s cradle in my hands:
we gather up the strands much too slowly.

The refugees are gone... they take their separate paths,
deliberate the past: figures in an ash shroud.
Susie, I guess you’re on your way to be a star,
but I don’t know where you are; the only time I seem
to see you is on the TV.
It’s so easy just to slip away.


In, Chameleon In The Shadow oOf The Night